caution: you are now entering the territory of a twisted mind... enjoy

Saturday, December 11, 2004

finally finals....

Isn't it amazing that during the most hectic, rip-your-hair-out time of the year, one always finds time to do absolutely everything, except that which you originally intended on doing. Take my life, as an example...

Finals Week: The bain of my existence, coupled with 2 or three last minute essays to write. You'd think that because of my stress level I would be hell bent on using every spare moment to prepare for these stupid exams... But no. My natural defence is avoidance. Clean the house, play guitar, buy Christmas presents... suddenly everything in my life takes precedence over my school work. It's not that I don't care, well maybe it is, but the point is that suddendly everything else is so much more important. But somehow this avoidance thing is working for me - except that I'm not sure of my Criminology status - but everything is getting done on time and I'm still making room for fun things like twinkle tours, mini golf and roller coasters. Perhaps my work ethic isn't that much of a failure afterall...

1 Comments:

Blogger Curtis said...

I know exactly how you feel about finals. You share my exact feelings. I posted a similar piece yesterday. I wish you the very best in all your academics. I know how things can be. Happy Holidays!!

3:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home